Hi! I teach second grade at Bardstown Primary in Bardstown, KY. This is my fourth year as a primary teacher. I also taught fifth grade in Frankfort, KY for six years. I enjoyed teaching fifth grade but second graders have my heart! They are incredibly sweet and so cute at that age! I LOVE my school! I feel very blessed to have found my way there.
When I am not teaching, then I am volunteering for a non-profit dog rescue that I founded called Barktown. Since our beginning three years ago we have saved 1,026 dogs and puppies from being killed at our local shelter. I am very passionate about the rescue work that I do. We are a foster home based rescue and currently have 50 dogs in our rescue available for adoption. If anyone is looking for a new best friend our dogs can be viewed at http://www.barktownrescue.org/. Before Barktown was founded, Nelson County euthanized 1,400 dogs and puppies in 2008. I have adopted 5 rescue dogs from the shelter. One of which includes a very sweet Pit Bull named Emma.
My husband and I have been married for seven years. We currently have no children. We have considered adopting a child once I have completed my Master's. My husband is an engineer. His company is based in Belgium. We recently were able to travel to Europe for his work. I fell in love with Paris. I can’t wait until we have a chance to see more European destinations. Italy is next on my wish list! At our hotel in Belgium, they served chocolate with every breakfast. I told my husband that he needs to put in for a transfer. Any country that serves chocolate at breakfast is a country that I can call home!
No comments:
Post a Comment